Our Terms and conditions
- Imprint online book shop, is a retail outlet for Christian literature and select media items.
- Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of the shipping cost.
- All prices are subject to change without prior notice due to exchange rate fluctuations or supplier price changes.
- Shipping charges are increased annually on 1st August as per the courier increases.
- There is a limited stock of all goods on offer. Imprint will make all reasonable efforts to notify the customer when a product is no longer available, and will only be liable to provide refunds where it is unable to fulfil orders at advertised prices.
- Our web site is updated every day at midnight. Stock sold during the day thus still shows as available until midnight. If you choose something that has already been sold we will notify you. If you have paid by card, we will keep the credit for you or decline payment on the Paygate web site according to your wishes.
- You may request items that are not currently in stock via email and we will add such items to our back-order list.
- Please note that the wait period for back-orders may be long.
- Communication will follow as soon as the back-order item is in stock. The customer can then purchase this item by following the normal purchase procedure.
- Back-orders only apply to listed items. We do not take special orders.
- During December we close for 2 weeks and we are not able to process orders in that time. Such orders will be processed when we re-open in January.
- To ensure that delivery is not delayed, please provide an address where there will be someone available to sign for the parcel. The courier fee is not calculated automatically as weight and destination are taken into account.
- The courier rates automatically calculated applies to South African customers only. We can deliver to other African countries. Please request a quote for this service.
- Payment may be made by card with order.
- Cash deposits are accepted, provided they are made at a Standard Bank. The order will be processed after receipt of proof of payment.
- We do not accept cheque payments.
- Delivery in South Africa usually takes 4-5 working days; thus, with processing and packing, your parcel should reach you within a week.
Return and Refunds policy
- Imprint operates on a no return and refund policy.
Card acquiring and security details
- Card transactions will be acquired by Imprint via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Payments may be made via Visa and MasterCard
Customer and card storage details
- Customer details will be stored by Imprint separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s site. For more detail visit co.za.
- Imprint shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
- New customers are automatically added to our mailing list, but are free to unsubscribe at any time.
- By subscribing to the Imprint Newsletter or any other items on our subscription list on this website, you give the management permission to send you the selected email, which includes special offers, to the e-mail address that you had registered with.
- The following policy applies to usage of our website and orders placed thereon.
- We collect aggregate data—how many times a certain page is visited, for example—but we do not tie this data to your specific visit. We record search terms used so we can refine our search engine. We only collect personally identifiable information—your name, for example—when you sign up for an online account or newsletter, place an order, make a donation or contact us and provide this information.
- We also use a technology called “cookies” for your convenience. This technology allows us to provide a persistent session between page loads. You can turn off cookies by changing your browser’s preferences. You will not be able to sign in or place an order with us online without allowing cookies.
- Imprint respects your privacy. We do not sell or share your information with anyone else.
- Imprint take responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services on the website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and the delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Imprint chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of of court process, notice or other documents or communication of whatever nature, 29 Chrissie street, Brackenhurst.
Web site details
- This website is run by Imprint based in South Africa trading as a retail outlet.
- While every effort is made to keep the details on this website accurate, the information contained on this website is subject to errors and omissions.
- Imprint reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amendments to these terms and conditions will be posted on the site. Whenever you access the site you will be bound to the current version. Continued use of this site will constitute acceptance of the current version.
- Without prior notice to their customers and with or without providing any reasons, Imprint may at any time, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the operation of the site or any of the services advertised or provided on the site.
Terms of Service
Imprint provides you with access to the Website under the terms and conditions embodied in this agreement (“Agreement”). Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the Website. By using your login name and password to access the Website, you acknowledge that you have agreed to become a party to, and to be legally bound by, this Agreement. If you do not wish to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may not access or use the Website.
The Website is for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not modify, distribute, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from or otherwise connected to the Website.
IMPRINT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, BREACHES, NEGLIGENCE, OR FOR ANY LOSS, CLAIM, INJURY, LIAIBILITY, OR ANY DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM THE WEBSITE. IMPRINT HAS NO LIABILITY AND WILL MAKE NO WARRANTY, REFUND, OR OTHER RESTITUTION TO YOU WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE, OTHER THAN AS SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, STRIKES, GOVERNMENTAL ISSUES, OR FORCE. THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY OF ENCOUNTERING COMPUTER VIRUSES, AND PLACING YOUR SYSTEM ONLINE IN ITSELF CAN OPEN YOU TO OUTSIDE ATTACK. IMPRINT DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR ASSUME LIABILITY FOR VIRUSES. IMPRINT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY DELAY OR ERROR IN ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION, IMPROPER USE, UNAVAILABILITY, INTERRUPTION, FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE WEBSITE. IMPRINT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR TERMINATION OF YOUR LICENSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IMPRINT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF IMPRINT IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IMPRINT’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO YOUR CEASING USE OF THE WEBSITE.